On February 28th, Daybreak Games announced the official launch of H1Z1, the original standalone battle royale game that was one of the major players responsible for the rise of the battle royale genre.
H1Z1 is now available on Steam for Windows PC and comes with a brand-new game mode, Auto Royale, injecting high-octane vehicular mayhem into the genre.
Auto Royale pits 30 teams of four against each other in a battle to be the last vehicle standing. Traverse the map whilst on the hunt for weapons, power-ups, ammo, fuel and health and take out all competition in your path.
Two new vehicles will be available such as the Sedan and the ARV, these are only available in the new mode. The Sedan is a more nimble car with faster acceleration and higher jump clearance whereas, the ARV offers more stability, making it easier to drive for new players and has less turbo fuel efficiency.
The Light Machine Gun is a new addition to the weapon arsenal and only available in Auto Royale, it deals the most sustained damage of any gun in the game.
New Power Ups are featured allowing players to pick up evasive, defensive and combat drops to throw opponents off their trail, heal themselves, or deal damage to enemy vehicles. The Evasive power ups include smoke screens, high-octane fuel, turbo boosts, and oil slicks. On the Defensive side you can get vehicle repair kits, environmental buffs, fire extinguishers and vehicle armour. Then, land mines and corrosive smoke can be obtained in the Combative grouping of pick-ups.
There are additional features that have launched along with the full release:
- Tactical Deployment allows players to choose which area to parachute into at the start of the match using a heat map showing locations of where other players spawn.
- The airdrop system has been refined to add more points of contention, increasing the drop frequency and item value.
- A mini-map is now available for players to use in order to help them navigate the world.
- All Early Access purchasers will receive a special in-game shirt.
- The official first in-game season for H1Z1 starts with an all-new scoring algorithm designed to reward consistency and aggression, not just a player’s 10 best placements.
For more H1Z1 and Battle Royale news, stay tuned.
Published by Rhys Baldwin.